|1) Be the umbrella body to co-ordinate the activities of relevant agencies in prevention and management of disasters in the State.
2) For the development of loss prevention programmes and procures necessary technology to mitigate identified emergency situation.
3) Prompt and adequate response as well as sustained interventions in any form of emergency or disaster in the State.
4) Co-ordinates activities of stakeholders and NGOs who jointly carry out strategies for emergency/disaster management in the State.
5) Provides relief materials/financial assistance to victims of various disasters in the State.
6) Respond promptly to any emergency at hand, which includes but is not limited to the following;
i. Fire fighting (co-ordinate with fire services).
ii. Flood Control
iii. Collapsed Building
v. Search and Rescue Operations
vi. Environmental Pollution
vii. Crowd control/cordon off affected areas.
viii. Public enlightenment on safety issues.
ix. Perform general life saving activities including provision of relief materials.
x. Clear and remove objects that constitute the carcass or remains of incidents.
1) Office of the General Manager
4) Planning, Research and Statistics Department
10) Audit Unit
11) ICT unit
12) Legal Unit
Vision: For prompt, effective/efficient response to emergency/disaster management in the State.