DR. OKE-OSANYINTOLU, OLUWAFEMI DAMILOLA
DATE OF BIRTH: 15TH OCTOBER 1968
MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED
PHONE : 08060907333
Oke-Osanyintolu is a self-motivated, digital-technology savvy, confident, experienced and hardworking
medic with unique and great accomplishments in the management of emergencies and disasters.
Endowed with soft skills of good listening and long- span attention, he works well with little or no
supervision and makes an excellent team member no matter the diversity or intensity of pressure.
* Effective Communication
* Team work, Leadership and Management / Administration Strategy formulation, Operational
and Service improvement. Recruitment/ mentoring Skills.
* Initiative and Adaptability.
*Pioneer Doctor of Ifako Primary Health Care in Lagos State.
*Pioneer members Lagos State Emergency Services.
*Pioneer Head of Lagos State Ambulance Services.
*Pioneer General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, winning
the Best and Most Proactive Emergency Management Agency in Nigeria, 2010.
*The Team leader of Doctors responsible for the evacuation of Lagos State Government’s patients for
*Disaster manager/ Coordinator of the State response during Ebola outbreak in Lagos State.
* Team leader in Emergency Response to the Bomb blast disaster that occurred in Lagos State in 2002.
*Coordination and management of more than 20,000 major and minor disasters in Lagos State and
other States including Ogun State, Edo State, Oyo State and Borno State. These disasters included but
not limited to the following: Dana Plane crash, Associated Airline Plane crash, Collapsed buildings such
as Synagogue building collapse, fire disaster in Ijegun, Lagos State, Abule Egba pipeline vandalization
fire disaster, flood disaster in Oyo State, three storey building collapse in Ogun State, road traffic
accident in Lagos, Ogun, Borno and flood disaster in Edo State, Oko-baba fire disaster in Lagos State,
major flood disaster and train crash in Lagos State.
*Team member in the conceptualization and Development of 3 digit emergency number for Lagos State;
*Conceptualization and Development of Command and Control Centre in Lagos State;
*Conceptualization and Development of First Burns Centre in Nigeria that is located at the Gbagada
General Hospital in Lagos State;
*Conceptualization and Development of Relief Camps for victims of disasters in Lagos State.
*Chief Camp Commandant for the IDPs that were associated with flood disaster in Lagos State in 2010.
1600 IDPs were camped for more than 11 months.
*Team member in the conceptualization and Development of Lagos State Response Plan, contingency
plan and syllabus for Emergency /Disaster Management in Lagos State.
*Member of many ad-hoc and standing committees involved in various important emergency / disaster
management project such as development of National Public health emergency contingency plan.
*Best Doctor, Lagos State Emergency Medical Services ,2000.
*Commendation for Management of Disaster by His Excellency the Governor of Lagos State, Senator
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 2002.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
* Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
* Member of Executive Secretaries of State Emergency Management Agency Forum
* Member, International Association Emergency Managers
* Member Emergency Planning Society, UK
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION /PROFESSIONAL HONOURS
Dr Oke-Osanyintolu is a well-trained Emergency Manager who had his primary, secondary and
university education in Nigeria; he has attended various Professional and Management Courses locally
and internationally traversing medicine, Environment, Disaster/Emergency management and Human
Capacity/Resources Management with numerous Honours.
MBBS University of Ilorin 1984 – 1991
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: POSITION HELD / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Appointment at the Presidency as a Senior Technical Adviser on Disaster Risk Management.
2017- till date;
* Appointment at the Presidency as an Adviser, 2016 – 2017:
* Monitoring and Evaluating (M&E) Adviser on IDP Programme managing evaluation process;
* Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing on monitoring and evaluation;
* Ensuring the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation policies & strategies of HSCU;
* Participating in and contributing to the finalization of Monitoring and Evaluation framework for
all funded projects in Humanitarian services by all partners and stakeholders;
* Updating as at when necessary, the Monitoring and Evaluation plans, consistent with the
national M&E framework, in consultation with the Ministry of Budget and National Planning
and HSCU stakeholders liaison unit;
* Providing technical guidance for the implementation of the M&E plan, through training and
other on-site support;
* Facilitate review of progress on a monthly and quarterly basis and ensure problem solving
through remedial actions;
* Ensuring that any disparities between planned and actual outputs are addressed and
* Assist HSCU in the identification of potential implementation problems and recommend
appropriate strategies to address them.
General Manager / CEO, 2005 – 2016 LASEMA;
* Formulate policy on all activities relating to Disaster Management in the State and coordinate all
plans and programs for effective and efficient response to Disaster at all levels;
* Coordinate and promote research activities relating to Disaster Management at local level;
* Monitor the State for preparedness of all organizations or Agencies which may contribute to
Disaster Management in the State;
* Collate data from relevant agency so as to enhance forecasting, planning and field operation of
Disaster Management. Educate and inform public prevention and control measures;
* Co-ordinate and facilitate the provision of necessary research for search and rescue and other
types of disaster curtailment activities in response to distress call;
* Co-ordinate the activities of voluntary organization engaged in emergency relief operation in
every part of the state;
* Receive financial and technical aid from International Organization and Non-governmental
Agencies for purpose of disasters management in the State;
* Distributing emergency relief materials to victims of natural or other disasters and assists in the
rehabilitation of the victim where necessary;
* Liaise with Local emergency management committee established under section 8 of LASEMA
Law to assess and monitor where necessary, the distribution of relief material to Disaster
* Process relief assistance to such Local Government as may be determined from time to time;
* Liaise with the United Nations Disaster Reduction Organization or such other International
bodies for the reduction of natural and other disasters;
* Prepare the annual budget for disaster management in the State; and
* Perform such other functions which the opinions of the Agencies are required for the purpose of
achieving its objectives under LASEMA Law.
Head LASAMBUS 2001 – 2005
* Responsible for all ambulance services and activities in the State which provides Medical/first
aid attention to patient of emergencies/disasters in Lagos State.
* Senior Medical Officer 1998-2001 LASEMS, IKEJA
* Medical Officer 1994-1998 General Hospital, Gbagada
* Medical Officer (NYSC) 1993-1994 Agege Local Government
* House Officer 1991-1992 General Hospital Ikeja Lagos PAPER PRESENTATION
* Planning for Disaster and Emergency in Lagos State Lagos State Emergency Plan
* Disaster Orientation in Nigeria and LASAMBUS operations
HOBBIES: Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis and Golf